This two (2) hour session focuses on best practices for effective sponsorship of projects. As a sponsor of a project – regardless of the size of the initiative – there are several responsibilities you have. The project sponsor provides a variety of support to the individual leading the project, such as:
- Securing funding for the project
- Assisting in the development of the project scope and charter
- Securing resources for the project – human resources, facilities, equipment, etc.
- Assisting with identifying the stakeholders for the project
- Clarifying any questions regarding the project scope once the project is underway
- Monitoring the progress of the project
- Assisting the project manager by getting involved in making key go/no go decisions, solving problems that arise, and helping to secure additional resources for the project if necessary
The sponsor of the project works closely with the project manager to measure the project’s performance against the project baseline, identifying any variances from the project plan in areas of cost, scope, schedule and quality.
Bottom line – when the project sponsor gets and stays involved in the project – the chances of overall project success increases.
In this two (2) hour session, learn how you can effectively support project initiatives within your organization – providing the project manager with what is needed to ensure their success and the success of the project. Examples of client projects are used to understand the role of the sponsor and how it impacts the project’s success. This workshop is tailored specifically for the client’s business.
- Managers/Leaders/Department Heads
- Anyone responsible for sponsoring projects within the organization